Search Tags<Edens & Avant Financing II Limited Partnership, NS, Shallowford Road, Sandy Plains Road, Retail, Fueling Center, Restaurant with Drive-thru>
Edens & Avant Financing II Limited Partnership, 803-779-4420, represented by John Moore of Moore, Ingram Johnson & Steele, LLP, 770-449-1499, requests a Rezoning from NS to CRC for Retail, Fueling Center, & Restaurant Drive-thru.
Located at the southwest side of Shallowfod Road and west side of Sandy Plains Road; east of Gordy Parkway, District 16, Land Lots 385,386 & 407, Parcel 8.
Size of tract is: 15.73 acres
Current zoning: NS
Contiguous zoning is: North: GC; East: R-20; West: PDR; South: O & I
Future Land Use: Community Activity Center
Case Manager: David Hong, Norm DeWalt, Lee Berg
Planning Commissioner: Christi Trombetti
District Commissioner: JoAnn Birrell
Proposed Use: Retail, Fueling Center, and Restaurant with drive-thru.
Please click for Preliminary Zoning Analysis
Please click for Final Zoning Analysis
Staff recommends: Approval with stipulations
ECCA recommends: No action subject to the following additional stipulations:
- Relocation of the sidewalk and handicap ramp to the corner of the Chick-fil-A restaurant;
- Stipulating that the kiosk in the fueling center will be for auto supply related sales only;
- The restroom in the kiosk is not for public use; and
- The Architectural Control committee remains in effect for this property.
In addition we support any comments made by NECC and NECHG
Planning Commissioners Action: Approved 5-0 with additional stipulations:
- All staff recommendations and comments
- Architectural Control Committee remain in tact
- No vehicles for advertising purposes
- Pedestrian enhancements to get into shopping center
- Pump stations to be limited to 5
- No sidewalks on Gordy Parkway
Board of Commissioners Action: Approved 4-1 with additional stipulations:
- Stipulation letter dated July 13, 2011 from John Moore;
- All Planning Commission comments;
- Relocation of sidewalk and handicap ramp;
- Remove six parking spots by drive-thru;
- Sale of Automobile related products only in kiosk and bathroom not for public use; and
- Encourage communication with North Hampton and other businesses about street lights.