Search Tags<Brooks Chadwick Capital, LLC., R-20, Johnson Ferry Road, Jordan Lake Drive, Single-family Residential>
Brooks Chadwick Capital, LLC., 404-281-4554, represented by John Moore of Moore, Ingram, Johnson & Steele, LLP, 770-429-1499, requests a change in zoning from R-30 to R-15 for Single-family Residential
Located at the southeast intersection of Johnson Ferry Road and Post Oak Tritt Road and the north side of Jordan Lake Drive, District 16, Land Lot 610, Parcel 2.
Size of tract is: 10.269 acres
Current zoning: R-30
Contiguous zoning is: North: O & I; East: R-30; South: R-15 (Walden Subdivision); West: R-20
Current Land Use: Low Density Residential
Case Manager: Jill Flamm
Planning Commissioner: Christi Trombetti
District Commissioner: JoAnn Birrell
Proposed Use: Single-Family Residential
Please click for Preliminary Zoning Analysis
Please click for Final Zoning Analysis
Staff recommends: Approval subject to additional stipulations
ECCA recommends: Approval of zoning, but not of the additional variances requested for sidesetbacks on all lots and front setbacks along lots 1-9. Support additional stipulations requested by Walden subdivisions
Planning Commissioners Action: Approval 5-0 subject to staff comments and John Moore’s stipulation letter dated 1/25/11 with the following changes:
1) No renderings attached to the zoning;
2) Houses will not be three sided hardy plank. Front and sides will include a varity of materials and architecture to give interest to the homes; and
3) Lots 9-11, 21, 22 only will be granted side setback variances due to the narrow frontage on the street; and
4) Notice will be given to Lake Walden of any minor modifications requested by the applicant.
Board of Commissioners Action:
Approved 5-0 subject to the stipulation letter dated 2/11 with the following changes:
- Paragraph 6 to read “No residence shall have the rear wall consisting solely of hardi plank with no windows or other treatment.”
- Paragraph 16 all “or its successor” after Lake Walden Home Owner’s As., Inc. and “not to exceed time limits herein”
- Paragraph 17 to read subject to County Arborist approval
- Paragraph 22 to add Every effort will be made to use the Johnson Ferry entrance for as long as possible up until 8/15/11.
- Paragraph 24 add Applicant to pay for damages to Jordan Lake Drive
New paragraph 31 to read If the applicant has not pulled the LDP for this project within 24 months, the land reverts back to the original R-30 zoning.