Search tags<Daniel & Christine Thornton, NS, GC, Providence Road, Roswell Road, Commercial Development>
Daniel & Christine Thornton, 770-579-6200, represented by Dennis Webb & Kathryn Zickert of Smith, Gambrell & Russell, LLP, 404-815-3500, request a rezoning from NS to GC for future commercial development.
Located on the southwesterly intersection Providence Road and Roswell Road,
District 16, Landlots 893 & 903, Parcel 51, 74.
Size of Tract is .98 Acres
Current Zoning: NS
Contiguous zoning is: North: GC; South: R-15 (Seven Springs Subdivision), West: CRC; East: GC
Future Land Use Map: Community Activity Center
Case Manager: Trish Steiner
Planning Commissioner: Mike Terry
District Commissioner: Bob Ott
Proposed Use: Future Commercial Development
Please click for Preliminary Zoning Analysis
Please click for Final Zoning Analysis
Staff Recommends: Delete to CRC Subject to stipulations
ECCA Recommends: Support staff recommendations of deletion to CRC, and allowing the applicant to use the property “as is” in its current configuration until time of redevelopment. However, at the time of redevelopment we recommend that this application come back to the Board of Commissioners as an Other Business Item with specific plans for these two properties, including site, landscape, traffic, lighting and sign. The intersection of Roswell and Providence has had 108 accidents in the last five years, which averages out to a little over 1 per month. How this property is redeveloped and the flow of traffic in and out of the property is something that needs to be looked at with a specific site plan in mind so it doesn’t add to the existing problem in this area.
Planning Commission Action: Approved 5-0 with zoning deleted to CRC subject to stipulation letter dated 9/27/10 and the following changes: Item No. 1 add to end: f. video arcades; g. pool halls; h. auto sales or service; i. convenience stores; j. special event(s) facilities; k. check cashing establishments; l. self-service laundry; m. emissions inspections; n. recycling centers
- Board of Commissioners to approve future building plans which include elevations, facade renderings, landscape plans, parking plans, and site plans prior to construction
- entrance to Roswell Road to remain right-in/right-out only
- allow the Applicant to continue to use the property as is in its current configuration until time of redevelopment, at which time it will be subject to the conceptual plan submitted, with the District Commissioner approving minor modifications (on file in the Zoning Division)
Board of Commissioners Action: Approve 5-0 to Delete rezoning to the CRC zoning district subject to:
1) all the Applicant to continue to use the property as is in its current configuration until time of redevelojpment, at which time it will be subject to the conceptual plan submitted, with the District Commissioner approving minor modifications;
2) letter of agreeable conditions from Mr. Dennis Webb dated October 15, 2010 not otherwise in conflict;
3) final site plan to come before the Board of Commissioners as an Other Business Item for either the combined sites or individually;
4) final elevations to come before the Board of Commissioners as an Other Business Item;
5) entrance to Roswell Road to remain right-in/right-out only; and
6) other staff comments.